Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I'm a Tourist, and I couldn't care less!

Yes those are the words Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire sang out as they ran around Paris to the Eiffel Tower. It was so surreal standing in front of the Eiffel Tower. You see it in pictures your whole life, and then in person you feel so small next to it. It's completely mesmerizing, I couldn't take my eyes off the beautiful structure. Although you can go on it, it's REALLY tall, and I was perfectly content just looking at it. The people looked awfully small all the way up there...



























If you're in Paris and don't feel up to going to the Louvre, then go to Museum De Orsay, it's awesome! I saw Monet and Van Gogh paintings that I've only seen from the glossy pages of my text book, or draining slides of a powerpoint. In person it's so much more grand!

Images above include the famous shopping street, Champs-Elysees, with the original Louis Vuitton. At the end of the street, there was the Arc de Triomphe. Natalia Vodianova was on the back of every bus! She is after all a supermodel in the world of fashion, so I thought that was pretty cool.

The Notre Dame was cool, but I'm not too keen on gothic style architecture. So, naturally I thought the  Sacre-Coeur Basilica in Monmarte was more beautiful. We went on Sunday and got to walk through the church during a ceremony. I couldn't take pictures inside of course, but the inside was beautiful too!

When I go back to Paris, I'm dying to see the Palace of Versailles, as I have an obsession with Marie Antoinnete.

No comments:

Post a Comment